GEORG Service Center
for Shear Blades and Leveling Cassettes
Grinding and Maintenance Operations in proven GEORG Quality
With our professional grinding and maintenance operations for your shear blades and leveling cassettes we offer you a tailored service at a fair price. This applies e.g. to cylindrical grinding of leveling and intermediate rollers, surface grinding of shear blades as well as maintenance and overhaul of your leveling cassettes, even of other brands. Take profit of our qualified and well trained service team and GEORG’s experience for decades.
- Grinding of leveling and intermediate rolls up to 3.000 mm total length and a diameter of 130 mm
- Grinding of leveling rolls and upon request chromium plating (hard chromium plating made in Germany)
- Grinding of intermediate rolls
- Grinding and radius rounding of support rolls and support roll shells
- Surface grinding of shear blades up to 2.500 mm length and 900 mm width
- Surface grinding with highest precision based on experience for decades
Leveling Cassettes Maintenance
- Dismantling and complete cleaning of leveling roller cassettes
- Check of free-wheeling of all leveling roller bearings and support rolls
- Inspection of damage on every component
- Dismantling, cleaning, greasing and reassembly of the support rolls
- Greasing of all bearings
- Assembly of a new or remachined roller set into the leveling cassette
- Check of all universal joints by sight
- Reassembly of all parts to a functional leveling roller casette
Leveling Cassette Overhaul
- Exchange/retrofit of bearings und sealrings
- Repair of leveling rolls (in case of run in bearing seat)
- Other mechanical repairs of leveling cassette components
- Check of concentricity of leveling and intermediate rolls
- Adaption of the fitting bars of the leveling cassette to the new dimension according to the new roller set diameter
- Measuring and new manufacture of parts
- Repair of universal shafts
We do not only want to satisfy our customers. We want to impress them with our services. This includes a tailored service which enables maintenance of leveling rolls and shear blades in shortest time at highest level at a fair price.
- Pick-up and delivery of leveling cassettes to the customer.
- Mechanical adjustments of the leveling cassette in the leveler at customer’s site.
- Check/repair of the leveler at site.
- Operator training / training in leveling techniques.
- Support by our leveling experts during leveling process.
- All services also for other brands.
We do not only want to satisfy our customers. We want to impress them by our services.
- Qualified and experienced service team
- Leveling machine experience for decades
- Flexible service package available, from individual task to allround care free package
The GEORG Service Center is specialized to ensure you an uninterrupted production process and offers you the following advantages:
- Reduction of your operating costs by qualified service
- Reduction of your machine down-time costs
- Reduction of high repair costs
- Reduction of your labour costs
- Increase of your profits by optimum production processes
Whether grinding, maintenance or overhaul – with us your machinery is in good hands. Would you like to learn more, just give us a call or write to us. We will be pleased to submit you a tailored quotation.
GEORG Service Center
Phone +49 2732 779-521
Aperam Guegnon, a global player in stainless and electrical steel, has signed a contract with our service team to equip an over 20 year old GEORG slitting line with a new slitting shear. We are looking forward to a good cooperation.
Grinding tests for customers in North America
In our facility located in Roanoke/Virginia our (potential) customers can carry out grinding tests on their own rolls using a state-of-the-art GEORG ultragrind SG 2. This demonstration machine in our Northamerican show room is equipped with the world’s most modern grinding machine control system i.e. the GEORG smartcontrol. At our Roanoke facility, we also manufacture and assemble our smallest roll grinding machines of the GEORG ultragrind SG 1 series. Meanwhile we have supplied more than 100 machines of this type worldwide. From the next bigger series now a GEORG ultragrind SG 2 is ready for demonstration and testing in Roanoke. Convince yourself about the easy operation and performance of the machine in interaction with the modern control system. In case of interest please contact Jochen Münker, email@example.com
Always by your side
This week Alejandro from our Mexican service partner Maquitec and Mohan from GEORG in India started their training of several weeks at the Kreuztal headquarter in Germany. Alejandro will support our service team for North America, while Mohan and his Indian colleagues have been working for GEORG for more than 10 years.
Remote Service in Vietnam
Travel restrictions during the pandemic made it often impossible to visit our customers on site. This also applied to the installation and commissioning of our machines. However, we successfully supported our customers remotely, through our online service.
We support you. Everytime. Everywhere.
With our preventive, predictive and on-time service, we ensure the process reliability and annual constant productivity of your machines and lines. Whether with GEORG staff in the USA or remotely with GEORG connectedservice, we are always by your side. Upgrades and implementations can also accompany your growing journey.
GEORG opens a new location in Atlanta/Georgia
The Georg North America Inc. now has 2 locations within the USA, using these to focus on the US, Canadian and Mexican market.
The design and manufacturing site is staying in Roanoke/Virginia, the new sales and service site in Atlanta/Georgia. We look forward to being even closer to our customers. Our Sales colleagues are always at your disposal for project discussions.
Two slitting lines are upgraded with automatic separation systems.
Tata Steel "Multisteel" has commissioned us to equip two slitting lines with automatic separating systems. We are very pleased about this retrofit order, which brings many advantages for the operation of a slitting line with our patented positioning system for separating discs.
Thank you Tata Steel "Multisteel for your trust.
Employees visiting from China
Again it has been a pleasure to welcome our colleagues Alex Chen and Andy Sun from our GEORG Products Service Center in Beijing!
They will use their 3 months stay to familiarize themselves with the latest improvements and technologies incorporated in state-of-the-art transformer core production lines, which presently undergo final testing and pre-acceptance prior to shipment to China.
For more than 10 years now both of them form part of the GEORG service team located in Beijing. By the way, the GEORG Products Service Center was founded already in 1985 and with the help of our Chinese colleagues more than 100 GEORG machines and production lines could be successfully installed and serviced in China and neighbouring countries so far.