You'll never work alone.
But always with the best.
Head of Design (m/f/d)
Location: GERMANY/Kreuztal | Sector: GEORG machine tools
For the management of the design department of our product division machine tools we are looking for an experienced manager or a young talent with first management experience on team level for immediate start.
Together with your team, you will be responsible for meeting the technological and economic goals and requirements of our machine tool customers as well as those of GEORG.
- Ensuring constructive solutions that provide the basis for economically successful order processing along the GEORG value chain and guarantee competitiveness
- Implementation of customer projects on schedule and within budget in coordination with project management and controlling
- Analysis and project planning of customer-specific requirements into realizable, marketable products under consideration of time and cost aspects
- Identification of market potentials in close cooperation with the sales department
- Methodical further development and optimization of product creation and development processes
- Strategic further development of design along corporate and divisional objectives
You are the creative head, driver and "framework provider" of your department for sustainable, customer-oriented and economically successful solutions.
- Completed engineering studies, ideally in the field of mechanical engineering
- Several years of design and, if applicable, development experience with medium-sized, international mechanical engineering companies (ideally in the field of high-end special machine tool construction)
- Experience in standardization of machine tool products
- Leadership experience. Talents from the second row with great leadership potential also have a chance
- High creative potential
- Good business management skills (esp. in costing and controlling)
We offer you a creative environment based on experience for decades. This opens wide activity fields, an attractive salary and a pleasant working atmosphere. Convince us with your application that you are the right candidate for the job. We are looking forward to meeting you.
Useful application information
Do it right!
Your application should contain:
- Covering letter
Short covering letter explaining why you apply for the announced vacancy. Information about cancellation period or first possible starting date (for applicants within working contract) resp. salary wish would be of advantage.
CV in bullet points with complete contact data and chronological list-up of education, prior employments, onward studies, language and IT knowledge, as well as hobbies, interests and social engagements. Also a short listing of your professional and personal strengths will be of advantage too.
Copies of your working certificates (for people in employment) and final reports (education, studies etc.) or rather your last four school certificates or useful onward-studies resp. participation certificates in practical courses.
Your electronic application should be sent preferably in 2 PDF documents:
- Covering letter
- CV and certificates
Your email text should mention in the reference line you given and family name as well as the job your are applying for. There is no need for further text as all important facts should be included in the PDF covering letter.
It would also be of advantage if your E-Mail signature contains your complete contact data.